This guide guides you, as an organizer, through the creation of your first event – the guide is intended for new and first-time users.
Creating an event
You create your first event by clicking on the “Create Event” button, which you will find at the top of your event overview. Then a window opens where you can fill in the very basic information about your event, such as time, place and content.
What is the name of the event?
- Give a clear name that is easy to decode for your guests.
- e.g. “Gunslingers at the Asphalt Cafe”
- Consider SEO which words should appear in a search engine.
- It is a good idea to include specific keywords such as artist names or venue names so that it makes the search easier for your guests.
- The URL is automatically generated from the title when you save the event – it cannot be changed subsequently.
- An event titled “Gunslingers at the Asphalt Café” will be for example / gunslinger-pa-asphalt cafe.
- When to open the doors
- Specify an exact time and when to close the doors
- Specify an exact time Event start (optional)
- This can be used if the doors are opened earlier than the event starts.
- At which venue should the event be?
- Please enter a name for the place where your event is to be held.
- AddressAdd the address of the place where events are to be held.
- The address is automatically linked with google maps. This makes it easy for guests to find the exact destination for your event.
- Tell a little more about the event
- Here you can add a description, external links, schedules, etc.
- Upload picture
- Please upload a picture for your event.
- Evt. website
- Here you can link to your regular domain or your facebook main page.
- Should the event be private?
- Here you need to decide whether your event must be publicly available or can only be accessed by visitors to whom you have added the event’s link.
Once all the information is filled in, you can scroll down the page and click “Save”.
When creating your first event, consider the following:
- What is the name of the event?
You are always welcome to contact us if you need help with setting up event and ticket details. The easiest way is to write to us in the live chat, which is available on all pages of Event Manager.